Saturday February 16 - Brown Middle School, Madison
Saturday March 2 - Capital Prep Hartford
Lookup classes and register for Feb 16 and / or Mar 2 here
All three clinics feature both girls and boys coaching development.
January 27 Clinic Description
I hope that you are all doing well with this latest storm. Spring and lacrosse season will be right around the corner.
Thanks for getting the word out to your coaches about the upcoming CT Chapter Coaches Clinic at the Mohegan Sun Arena on Sunday January 27th from 9am-2pm. We have extended the on-line registration through Saturday January 26th. Attached is the flyer with the updated information. Please forward the new information to the coaches in your programs and share through your websites or social media.
Below is the tentative list of speakers and topics to share with your coaches. We have been able to get some great local high school and college coaches to be presenters at the clinic. The cost for the clinic is only $40 and each participant will also receive a ticket and food voucher for the New England Black Wolves game that night against the Buffalo Bandits. Coffee, muffins and bagels will also be provided during registration (beginning at 8am). Registration is available on the CT Chapter website (www.ctlacrosse.org). Walk up registration will also be accepted on the day of the clinic.
We are hoping for a great turnout for the clinic. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Save the date CONNY Board Meeting, Monday, January 28
CONNY Board Meeting January 28 2019
Date: 28 January 2019, 7-9 pm
Location: Fairfield Prep Student Life Center
The Annual Meeting of the CONNY Board of Directors will be held in the Student Life Center at Fairfield Prep in Fairfield, CT on Monday, January 28, from 7:00 to 9:00 PM. Details and agenda to follow.
Please make sure your program is represented. This notice is being sent broadly to several years’ contact lists in hope of reaching every member program because we know that many programs have not updated their key contacts.
Note: Draft 2019 CONNY Rules and Regulations and boys and girls rules of play will be posted to www.CONNYlacrosse.org and will require review prior to the meeting. Notification will be sent when these materials are posted and available for comment.
David Pretlove, CONNY Webmaster contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
- the information CONNY needs from the town site webmasters and schedulers
For each program the key items are:
1) update the google sheet for team declarations - used to determine billing to the towns, coach or scheduler email and strength of team
2) Maintain town officers on the CONNY 2019 contact list
3) Make sure the town League Athletic sites are updated with coach and team information, linked to CONNY and passing a roster (or just the coaches data) - making sure emails are roster or public availability to ensure they are usable on the CONNY site - this can be updated as rosters and coaches change
4) US Lacrosse set up for the towns to at least include all coaches and board members - this will increasingly be used to monitor background status (free for coaches in CONNY towns) and courses taken
5) Set up in CONNY for games - only put in games (girls senior should identify checking or non-checking) - practices / jamborees / Yale tournament should only be entered on the town website - all games should be entered only on CONNY - home team enters games, away confirms
6) Only cancel games - never DELETE games as this creates issues of synchronization with the refereeing assignment sites.
7) email@example.com has to create or change game sites, and assign scheduler roles to users
Allow sufficient time - 1 hr 15 mins or 1 hr 30 mins to complete a full game, less for running time games
If the game is cancelled, use the STATUS = CANCEL and never delete a game
For girls senior division games, indicate Full checking game or not in the game type
Lightning (and bantam) games are "small sided" 8v8 games. Make sure your teams are sized appropriately, and that you declare enough teams at the age group to support the 8v8 format. Note that CONNY fees are reduced (50%) versus the teams for full field 10v10 play. Also you may wish to add new fields to accommodate 8v8 play (so you can schedule on the same full sized field 2 8v8 games at the same time) If so, contact
to add more fields.
If you haven't already seen it, the following link will take you to a terrific documentary video about the origins, history, growth, and future of both men's and women's lacrosse. It is well worth the fifty-five minutes it runs.
The documentary does, however, omit one fascinating detail. James Naismith, credited with inventing basketball while teaching at Springfield College, was a Canadian and a lacrosse player. Thus, it's not that lacrosse is a lot like basketball ... it's that basketball is a lot like lacrosse.
With a rise in reported concussions in youth sports over the past several years, the CONNY Board is working to educate Program Administrators, coaches, and parents on concussion awareness.
To that end, we have created a "Concussions Resources" page on this website (on the left hand menu). This page is designed to assist your team, town, school, or league in creating a concussion awareness program. The resources available will also help parents and coaches with diagnosis and action when a player gets hit in the head.
Thank you for addressing this highly relevant topic with your program coaches and parents.