- the information CONNY needs from the town site webmasters and schedulers
For each program the key items are:
1) update the google sheet for team declarations - used to determine billing to the towns, coach or scheduler email and strength of team
2) Maintain town officers on the CONNY 2019 contact list
3) Make sure the town League Athletic sites are updated with coach and team information, linked to CONNY and passing a roster (or just the coaches data) - making sure emails are roster or public availability to ensure they are usable on the CONNY site - this can be updated as rosters and coaches change
4) US Lacrosse set up for the towns to at least include all coaches and board members - this will increasingly be used to monitor background status (free for coaches in CONNY towns) and courses taken
5) Set up in CONNY for games - only put in games (girls senior should identify checking or non-checking) - practices / jamborees / Yale tournament should only be entered on the town website - all games should be entered only on CONNY - home team enters games, away confirms
6) Only cancel games - never DELETE games as this creates issues of synchronization with the refereeing assignment sites.
7) email@example.com has to create or change game sites, and assign scheduler roles to users
CONNY constantly needs new blood on the Executive Committee and is looking for new officer nominations and volunteers. Send any such to Nominating Committee Chairman Bob Russell at
. You may also call him at (203) 640-1892 (mobile) if you have questions.
The Nominating Committee intends to present its slate of 2019 officers at the October 30 CONNY Board meeting.
Allow sufficient time - 1 hr 15 mins or 1 hr 30 mins to complete a full game, less for running time games
If the game is cancelled, use the STATUS = CANCEL and never delete a game
For girls senior division games, indicate Full checking game or not in the game type
Lightning (and bantam) games are "small sided" 8v8 games. Make sure your teams are sized appropriately, and that you declare enough teams at the age group to support the 8v8 format. Note that CONNY fees are reduced (50%) versus the teams for full field 10v10 play. Also you may wish to add new fields to accommodate 8v8 play (so you can schedule on the same full sized field 2 8v8 games at the same time) If so, contact
to add more fields.
If you haven't already seen it, the following link will take you to a terrific documentary video about the origins, history, growth, and future of both men's and women's lacrosse. It is well worth the fifty-five minutes it runs.
The documentary does, however, omit one fascinating detail. James Naismith, credited with inventing basketball while teaching at Springfield College, was a Canadian and a lacrosse player. Thus, it's not that lacrosse is a lot like basketball ... it's that basketball is a lot like lacrosse.
With a rise in reported concussions in youth sports over the past several years, the CONNY Board is working to educate Program Administrators, coaches, and parents on concussion awareness.
To that end, we have created a "Concussions Resources" page on this website (on the left hand menu). This page is designed to assist your team, town, school, or league in creating a concussion awareness program. The resources available will also help parents and coaches with diagnosis and action when a player gets hit in the head.
Thank you for addressing this highly relevant topic with your program coaches and parents.