FIRST 2019 CONNY BOYS RULES TEST PASSED LIST POSTED
The first 2019 CONNY Boys Rules Test Passed List has been posted under "Documents" in the left menu on the CONNYlacrosse.org home page: Documents / 2019 CONNY Documents / 2019 Rules Documents / CONNY Rules Test Passed Lists.
CONNY member program coaches and administrators are reminded that all CONNY coaches must pass the 2019 CONNY Online Rules Test for the gender they coach before coaching their first CONNY game.
The girls and boys tests may be found under "TRAINING" in the top menu the CONNYlacrosse.org home page.
On Saturday, April 6th US Lacrosse and the Sankofa Lacrosse Foundation have partnered with BYLSA to offer a youth lacrosse clinic for boys and girls at Veterans Park in Bridgeport. The clinic will focus on creating a greater link between minority leaders and former players in the sport with the next generation of minority lacrosse players. The ultimate goal of the ongoing partnership between US Lacrosse and the Sankofa Lacrosse Foundation is to develop impactful relationships with programs and organizations by connecting the lacrosse community
geographically and generationally. In an ongoing effort to make lacrosse more accessible, US Lacrosse and Sanokfa Lacrosse offer free clinic opportunities to help players improve and learn from some of the best players in the country.
BYLSA/US Lacrosse Sankofa Clinic
2 hour clinic for boys and girls!
T-shirt and stick!
Autograph session with instructors
Suggested donation $50
Instructional experiences to develop self-advocacy,
The Men’s Lacrosse Coaches Association is introducing a FREE APP for boys lacrosse players. While geared for high school age recruits, it also benefits junior high players as it provides the IMLCA with player contact information as they communicate camps, clinics, prospect days and other opportunities. The database is a project of the IMLCA Technology Committee and approved by the Board of Directors. With the Players Directory student-athletes can:
Let college coaches know if they are interested in their school
Let coaches know which specific events they'll be attending Provide college coaches with their contact information View College Prospect Days (Premium Only)
*Currently only available for boys lacrosse players
Format : 25 minute running-time games. Minimum 4 games per team.
Divisions : Both an A and B division with 10 team slots in each. We also welcome mixed grade 5/6 and 7/8 teams as well.
Locations: Veterans Park (at Puglio Field) 3455 Madison Ave, BPT. CT. 06606 and Kennedy High School
With our new turf fields, after-school programs, town league, and club teams many more youth in Bridgeport are experiencing the power of lacrosse. Thanks to the many great supporters over the years that have helped BYL to #Growthegame...Many Blessing!
In anticipation of this tournament being sold out this year! We recommend that you reserve your spot today! Please feel free to e-mail with any question.
Most importantly, the BPT Rusty Red HS Classic is based on creating non-traditional match-up, bringing teams from CT, NY, MA, PA and NJ, to create an atmosphere where teams can participate in a highly competitive environment. This event embodies sportsmanship, teamwork, camaraderie and FUN...Remember to try the 'best Jerk Chicken around'. (Yeh Mon)
Please visit/join our Facebook page for updates, photos from last years event, chances to win prizes and much more. Take a look at our brand new turf fields. All games will be played on turf.
- the information CONNY needs from the town site webmasters and schedulers
For each program the key items are:
1) update the google sheet for team declarations - used to determine billing to the towns, coach or scheduler email and strength of team
2) Maintain town officers on the CONNY 2019 contact list
3) Make sure the town League Athletic sites are updated with coach and team information, linked to CONNY and passing a roster (or just the coaches data) - making sure emails are roster or public availability to ensure they are usable on the CONNY site - this can be updated as rosters and coaches change
4) US Lacrosse set up for the towns to at least include all coaches and board members - this will increasingly be used to monitor background status (free for coaches in CONNY towns) and courses taken
5) Set up in CONNY for games - only put in games (girls senior should identify checking or non-checking) - practices / jamborees / Yale tournament should only be entered on the town website - all games should be entered only on CONNY - home team enters games, away confirms
6) Only cancel games - never DELETE games as this creates issues of synchronization with the refereeing assignment sites.
7) firstname.lastname@example.org has to create or change game sites, and assign scheduler roles to users
If you haven't already seen it, the following link will take you to a terrific documentary video about the origins, history, growth, and future of both men's and women's lacrosse. It is well worth the fifty-five minutes it runs.
The documentary does, however, omit one fascinating detail. James Naismith, credited with inventing basketball while teaching at Springfield College, was a Canadian and a lacrosse player. Thus, it's not that lacrosse is a lot like basketball ... it's that basketball is a lot like lacrosse.
With a rise in reported concussions in youth sports over the past several years, the CONNY Board is working to educate Program Administrators, coaches, and parents on concussion awareness.
To that end, we have created a "Concussions Resources" page on this website (on the left hand menu). This page is designed to assist your team, town, school, or league in creating a concussion awareness program. The resources available will also help parents and coaches with diagnosis and action when a player gets hit in the head.
Thank you for addressing this highly relevant topic with your program coaches and parents.